Sunday, October 16, 2016

Is Our World Real?

After reading the article, "Are We Living in a Computer Simulation," I think our world is real.  I think this because if we lived in a simulation, why would the creators and players of the simulation allow us to make our own simulation games?  I agree with the scientist David Chalmers who said, "You are not going to get proof that we're not in a simulation, because any evidence that we get could be simulated." Chalmers means that if we did live in a simulation, there is no way to prove it because any evidence of being in a simulation can be simulated by the creators.  Although I do not agree with the idea that we live in a simulation, it is scary to think that some scientists believe that there is a 50% chance that we could be living in a simulation.  Moderator Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "I think the likelihood may be very high." It is scary that one person could possibly choose if we live or die with the simple click of a button.  Whether we are living in a simulation or not, I agree with Chalmers when he said, "Maybe we're in a simulation, maybe we're not, but if we are, hey, it's not so bad." I agree with this because if we were in a simulation, there is nothing anyone could do about it besides go about their normal lives.  Although this article poses many good points, I still believe that our world is real.


No comments:

Post a Comment